Thursday, May 12, 2011

A God of Compassion

I haven't posted my reading in a while, because I haven't been reading consistently, and when I have, I haven't always had time to post. I guess that's life with two toddlers though. I am not dwelling on the past however, but moving forward.

If you would like more information about SOAP journaling, click here.

Scripture
But after I uproot them, I will again have compassion and will bring each of them back to their own inheritance and their own country.

Observation
God repeatedly has compassion on His people. He gives them 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chances, even beyond that! 

Application

God is a God of compassion.  I need to embrace God's compassion, be grateful for it, and not swim in my guilt.  I need to pass His compassion on to others, with the help of the Holy Spirit.  Without the Holy Spirit, I am helpless; but with the Spirit I can have life and compassion to the fullest.


When you go about your day, think about how many chances God has given you, and pass this compassion along to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment