Monday, April 18, 2011

Don't Soften the Blow

Well, its been a couple of days since I have posted my journal entry. I have been so busy this past weekend, and it looks like things aren't going to let up for about a week. Here is today's though, even though today is almost over!

If you want information about SOAP journaling, click here.

Scripture
Jeremiah 7:16
“So do not pray for this people nor offer any plea or petition for them; do not plead with me, for I will not listen to you." declares the Lord.

Observation
Jeremiah had such a difficult message to give to the people.  It wasn't of hope, but of destruction, loneliness, and peril.

Application
Jeremiah didn't back down when he had to tell the people God's message.  He didn't try to change it to soften the blow, he just delivered it "as is."  I need to do the same in sharing the word with both believers and non-believers.

Prayer
God, please help me to share your word without feeling I have to "soften" your word to keep from hurting anyone's feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment