Saturday, August 27, 2011

Firstfruits


Bring the best of the firstfruits of your soil to the house of the LORD your God. Exodus 24:26a

My Garden Today
Planter Box made by Hubby about a month ago
I planted a garden a little while ago, with hopes for greatness, but low expectations.  I don't have what one would call a "green thumb."  I have never really had the opportunity for a real garden outside of a few flowers and a tomato plant.  So when the opportunity presented itself, I jumped at it....well sort of.  I had to sort of ease into it, convince my husband of its benefits, and then jump in. 

I planted mostly fall plants.  Tomatoes, Spaghetti Squash, Zucchini, Bell Peppers, Cucumbers, and a few others.  They have been growing like crazy, outgrew the planter box my husband made, and are starting to outgrow our little garden plot we created. 

The other day I found a cucumber hiding among the leaves, and about did a happy dance!  (Yeah, that would have been disturbing!)  I patiently waited a couple more days, then today went out and took a measurement and decided it was time to pick. 
First Cucumber

I am excited to see a couple more little ones growing, and can't wait for my other plants to do likewise.  So far I have 3 bellpeppers growing on one plant, but other than that, nothing but a lot of blooms.  At least the blooms are pretty!
My garden today


About a month ago

No comments:

Post a Comment