Monday, September 5, 2011

Harvesting a Heart

I just finished a book I wanted to share with you. It is by one of my favorite authors, Jodi Picoult. The book is called Harvesting the Heart.
. I happened to come across this one at a "Friends of the Library" sale for a dollar! It isn't typical of her writing, but while it was a little hard to get into, I really enjoyed it and couldn't put it down once I started reading it. It is about a woman and a man who fall in love, one from a poor family, another an aspiring surgeon. It is an intensely emotional book, not a romance novel by any means, (I wouldn't read it if it was!) But an exploration of a relationship and what happens when a woman must discover who she is before she can love another person. It explores marriage, motherhood, family, in-laws and hurt in a captivating way. I would recommend this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment